Do you know what the difference between 原来 and 本来 is? Find out in part 5 of our 7 day 'What's the difference' series. In this easy Chinese grammar lesson, you will learn the different uses of 原来 and 本来.
Watch the lesson here:
原来 and 本来 both mean 'original' or 'originally'.
How to use 原来:
1. Use as an adjective to express that something has not changed from its original state.
2. Use as an adjective for both tangible and intangible nouns.
3. Use with the particle 的 to mean the original one.
How to use 本来:
1. Use as an adjective to express that something originally was in a state, but has now changed.
2. Use as an adjective for only intangible nouns.
If you enjoyed our lesson, please show your support by giving us a LIKE!
See you again for another lesson tomorrow.